- The Canopy Galileo Integration allows Canopy to automatically wrap calls to the Galileo API when you use Canopy as normal.
- When a borrower is onboarded; Canopy will automatically create their corresponding card in Galileo
- When the borrower uses their card, Canopy will react and record the authorization request as a line item in its ledger
- When transaction states change in Galileo, Canopy’s ledger will update those transaction states in sync.
- When fees, interest or non-card related charges/payments are recorded in Canopy, Galileo’s balance will be automatically updated such that the available balance checks performed within Galileo are consistent with a borrower’s true available spend.
- From your perspective:
- You set your Galileo API keys in Canopy
- You onboard borrowers into Canopy as normal per our core workflows
- When onboarding borrowers, you can specify a few extra details (card art, shipping method) related to card creation in Galileo, or leave them default for the basic experience
- You do not need to write any code to call
Create Chargeor update charge line items in Canopy; we will handle this by subscribing to Galileo’s events
- Whenever an authorization request is processed by Canopy, our system creates the new line item and sets the Line Item Status as
- (To better understand line item statuses in Canopy, check out this document )
- Updates to this authorization request are sent by Galileo and processed by Canopy, mapping the various transaction states in Galileo to internal Canopy line item statuses
- For example,
SETTLEDauthorizations map to
VALIDline items in Canopy
- Canopy automatically updates the transaction amount based on whatever was received from Galileo during settlement.
- Canopy is also able to perform a
CHARGE_REVERSALwhenever Galileo suggests the authorization needs to be reversed.
- Canopy also allows Galileo to be used as a payment processor, involving a single additional API call performed to Canopy (configure payment processor) to enable features such as ACH and Auto-pay
- Canopy automatically synchronizes account status (Active, Delinquency, Bankruptcy, etc.) with Galileo, such that changes are reflected and consistent in both systems.
There is only one easy step to getting the issuer-processor integration set up:
- To get started, retrieve your Galileo Keys from your Galileo Relationship Manager and store them in Canopy by passing a
galileo_configto the PUT /organizations/issuer_processors endpoint in Canopy. Canopy is now equipped to communicate with Galileo on your behalf.
That’s it! - Your Galileo Integration is now running. You can use Canopy as normal.
Here’s what to expect now that your integration is set up:
- In all
Create AccountAPI requests to Canopy, you should now expect to see an
cardssection in the response
- In the
Getrequests to all accounts, you should now see issuer_processor details and card details in the response
- Line Items
- In all line items created by the Galileo integration, you should see
issuer_processor_detailsincluded in the
Getrequest that includes transaction data.
- Galileo CST Tool
- You should see the accounts created via Canopy with their corresponding payment_reference_number (PRN)
- Events will flow for these accounts resulting in transactions in Canopy or balance adjustments in Galileo